Week one a resounding success
So as the first week of the new season comes to an end, it’s time to reflect on what I call a resounding success, out of all the teams we only had 2 that didn’t use the new system.
I have to tell you I was nervous about this, a year in development with groundbreaking features, up to midnight for the past week trying to get everything running nicely was hard, but I feel it went very well, feedback was good and uptake also very good, all in all well received.
I have learnt about a few bugs and a few processes that need to be addressed moving forward not only into the following weeks but into phase 3 of the project which encompasses the competitions being moved into this format.
I even managed to win my first game of the season in our great 5-0 win to the start of the season, shockingly I played alright considering i’m very tired and had no practice for 4 months!.
Below I have listed some of the general feedback and areas to address, please feel free to add to this using the comments boxes below, and also I encourage you all to register on the site.
- If card is edited at end of evening (not live) then when going to fixtures it shows the next fixture (next week) – we need a new box above next fixture for the live timeframe that says – current live fixture in play – then users can click on this (will save confusion)
- Notifications – need to be better worded and feature players names, so for instance – Richard Pearson bt Justin Hooley 48-20 to put Tregonissey A 4-0 up
- Adjust mobile styles to fit better on some devices
- Remove player button needs to be more obvious
- Make the submit final result more obvious (upload card) think this needs a little more validation, eg when all 5 frames are complete – it understands and prompts you to submit.
- Inputs for scores/breaks should trigger mobile numerical keypad.
Profile button to toggle notifications on/off
- Live scores page.
- Player profile, Cueview and registration to amend your own content.
- Live rankings
- Live breaks
- Competition score cards
- Further exciting additions to profiles